The Internet is need of today’s life as all the things are going digital. So, it’s now going important to know about all the essentials & errors of the Internet. One of these popular errors “ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.” This error may blow your mind off while you’re working on something important. But now no need to worry cause here is the solution for this very frequent error that almost all of the ethernet users face.
What is Ethernet?
Ethernet is widely used in Local Area Network (LAN), Metropolitan Area Network(MAN) and Wide Area Network ( WAN ). It’s a two end physical connectivity, one of its end is connected to Network, and another one is with our OS ( operating system). Ethernet mainly runs on Coaxial cable. In other words, it’s hardware that Transfer and receive data package along with the network and the Internet.
Reasons Behind Error Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration.
If you are regularly encountering the problem of Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration and spending your valuable money by calling your engineer to fix this kind of problems then stop worrying and spending bucks. In this Post here are some fixes that you can try out before calling your engineer.
This Error mainly occurs when your DHCP is unable to receive any valid IP address from your NIC ( Network interface card ). In most cases, user don’t have to enter set to DHCP, but your Ethernet won’t get one, so this might be the reason for getting things error.
Mostly you will get this error while using Tp-Link and Netgear.
Here is the Fix to the Issue/ Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration:
1. Uninstall Network Driver
- Open device manager by accessing to Control Panel and then click on Device manager OR press Window+R to open run command. Then type ” devmgmt.msc” to open device manager.
- Explore Network Adapter setting in Device Manager, right click on Network Adapter which is giving you an error and then clicks uninstall.
- Now a confirmation dialogue box appears, click Ok to confirm.
Finally, go to Action menu still facing the problem try out our fix 2.
2. Refurbishing TCP/IP setting
- Open start menu<search for Cmd<right click and click on the run as administrator.
- Enter the command as given below:-
- “netsh winsock reset“
- Then ” netsh int ip reset“
- Reboot your PC, and your net will start giving you services.
We hope you find your solution but if not you can try our fix 3.
3. Disable and Enable Your NIC (Network Interface Card)
- Open run command by pressing Window+R and type ” ncpa.cpl.”
- Right click on the NIC that is giving you issues, then First Disable your NIC.
- Then enable it after a while.
- Your NIC will start receiving IP in few minutes.
If the problem persists hit that commands in your Command Prompt.
- ” ipconfig /release”
- “ipconfig /flushdns”
- “ipconfig /renew”
4. Update Your Drivers
- Open Device Manager as stated in above fix.
- Right click on Network Adapter that is facing the issue, then click on the Update Driver software.
- Now browse for the device drivers on your computer, if you don’t have one go to the manufacturer website and download from there.
- Next, click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
You’re done. If your Ethernet problem Still is on the run then try out our final fix5.
5. Modify Network Adapter Setting
- Go running command by pressing Window+R simultaneously. Then enter “ncpa.cpl”.
- Your NIC will appear, right click on it and select properties.
- Wifi properties will be in front of you. Select IPV4 ( internet protocol version 4 ) from there and click on properties.
- Check the following.
- Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Reboot your PC for checking the result on your problem.
These are the fixes that you can do when having an Error “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.” Sometimes this problem might also happen because of loosening of wire and improper connectivity of Ethernet wire, so you can also try out that reinstallation of wire.