Hi, guys! My friend got an email from Adsense. This is the transcript of an Adsense temporary suspension mail.
Thanks to God, the suspension was temporarily not a permanent ban. Okay, let’s move on…
I hope that your AdSense account has started to get clicks and generate $$$ for you. I will not take your precious time. You are here because you want to secure your AdSense account from invalid clicks activity and click bombing. You are here to know all about Adsense click bombing protection. This is easy to follow the guide, so need to worry about. Just follow all steps and protect AdSense from invalid clicks activity.
Most of us start their blog then start monetizing with AdSense on their new website. They don’t take any additional steps to protect their AdSense account. They even don’t read Adsense terms and conditions. It would be better for you to read Adsense policies before serving AdSense ads on your blog. You can read their policies here: AdSense policies: a beginner’s guide.
I hope that you have visited above link and now familiar with their terms. Now, I’ll tell you how to protect your AdSense account on WordPress from self-clicking and click bombing.
Oh, wait… Don’t you want to know how I got that temporarily suspension mail?
How My AdSense Account Got Suspended For 30 Days?
He told me today what he did yesterday. 🙁 🙁 🙁 So, first of all, you must know What is invalid clicks activity?
Definition of invalid clicks activity by Google
Invalid click activity includes any clicks or impressions that may artificially inflate an advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings. Invalid activity covers intentionally fraudulent traffic as well as accidental clicks.
Invalid activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Clicks or Impressions generated by publishers clicking their live ads
- Repeated ad clicks or impressions generated by one or more users
- Publishers encouraging clicks on their ads (examples may include: any language encouraging users to click on ads, and implementations that may cause a high volume of accidental clicks, etc.)
- Automated clicking tools or traffic sources, robots, or other deceptive software. Read more at AdSense Help Resource
How To Protect Adsense Account From Self Clicking Without Disabling Ads?
This type of things is dangerous for your AdSense account. So, I have a fantastic solution for you. By using this you, your friends and family members can directly click on ads without any AdSense terms violation. Let’s start
- Install “Google Publisher Toolbar – Chrome Web Store“ on your Chrome browser.
- Click on Google Publisher Toolbar ( Grey Icon ) icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click on Enable button for Adsense option ( You can also click rest of the options).
- Click on Allow button to grant access to your AdSense account.
- Click again on Google Publisher Toolbar ( Blue Icon ). It will start showing your Adsense Estimated Revenue.
- Now you can click any AdSense ads on your website. After clicking the ads, it will show you that particular Ad detail instead of opening that Ad.
See below screenshot. How my ads are overlayed by AdSense Publisher Toolbar.
As you know, the ads are now showing differently. When I clicked that, it opens a new window which shows performance details of that particular ad.
This method can secure your account from self-clicking which happens accidentally by us or our friends or relatives when they use our PC. Now I will tell you next thing which can protect your Adsense account from click bombing attack which is done by other bloggers.
How To Protect Adsense Account From Clicking Bombing?
Before going further, lemme clear one thing about Click Bombing. Many people don’t know the meaning of Click Bombing.
What is Click Bombing?
Clickbombing is a type of attack on a adsense publisher website where lots of automatic clicks are generated in an unusual way.
One of the best thing about WordPress is that we can extend its functionality by installing plugins. You are smart enough; Now you have an idea about my next part. Yes, I’m going to use a WordPress plugin to protect AdSense account from click bombing. The name of this plugin is ”Adsense Click-fraud Monitoring ” This plugin is not available in WordPress repository. This is hosted on Github. You can download the latest version of this plugin from its GitHub page.
- Go to Adsense Click-fraud Monitoring plugin’s page.
- Download the latest. ZIP file from Github.
- Now login to your WordPress site and Goto Plugins>>Add New>>Upload.
- Upload the zip file which you have downloaded in the previous step.
- Activate it.
- Go to Plugins>>Click-fraud Monitoring. You will see the plugin’s configuration page.
- Setup the configuration as per your need.
Configuration/ Setting page for Adsense Click-fraud Monitoring Plugin:
Note: To get this plugin to work you have to wrap your Adsense Ad unit codes with a custom DIV class. In my side custom class is “jarvis” so I have wrapped my ad codes like this:
<div class=”jarvis”>ADSENSE CODE HERE</div>
Now your AdSense is wrapped with a secure <div> class tag. It will start blocking IP address and stop showing ads to the people who crossed the Click Limit set on the configuration page.
By using above steps, you will secure your AdSense account from self-clicking and click-bombing by others.
Additional Steps To Make Your AdSense Account More Secure
- Don’t tell your relatives or friends to that your AdSense account is approved. Advise them to never click on ads on your site until you get massive traffic.
- Don’t leave your PC to someone else without clearing cookies and cache.
- If you’re not working on your blog, then close the internet connection.
- Last but not least, if your website has little traffic 300 page views/day or below then consider disabling ads on your site.
Your original & open comments are the only thing that inspires me to write such type of articles. So, what are you waiting for? I’m waiting to listen to your thoughts and suggestion regarding this post.